Hope School and College are taking part in the ‘National Nurturing Schools Programme’. This is a chance for us to celebrate Hope’s nurturing ethos and help us strive to find further ways to enhance the emotional development of the whole school.
We embed the ‘6 Principles of Nurture’ throughout Hope School and College:
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally
- The classroom offers a safe base
- The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
- Language is a vital means of communication
- All behaviour is communication.
- The importance of transition in children’s lives
Have a look at these principles in action in one of our classes: