The role of the Governing Body of Hope School is to ensure high standards of achievement for all children and young people in the school by:
- Setting the school’s vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Governors are not involved in the day to day management of the school.
The Governing Body meets once a term and at other times if necessary. There are two main committees: Asset and Curriculum. These also meet once a term. Governors are expected to sit on at least one of these.
Hope School has two governors elected by parents, a governor elected by the staff and a governor nominated by the local authority. The head teacher has the right to be a governor. In addition there are ten governors co-opted by the Governing Body.
Free induction training is available to all governors and additional training covering various aspects of the role.
The Constitution of Hope School’s Governing Body
- Rob Adams – 13th June 2017 – 12th June 2021
- Philip Fraser – 2nd March 2016 – 1st March 2020
Local Authority Governors
- John Mason – 29th August 2018 – 29th August 2022
- Jim Fox – 17th November 2015 – 16 November 2019
- Susan Booth – 2nd March 2016 – 1st March 2020
- Pauline Lynch – 24th April 2018 – 23rd April 2022
- Christine Slonker – 2nd March 2016 – 1st March 2020
- Joanne Weaver – 13th July 2017 – 12th July 2021
- Joanne Wilkinson – 24th April 2018 – 23rd April 2022
- Vacancy (1)
- Vacancy (2)
- Vacancy (3)
- Vacancy (4)
To download attendance information for our governing body, please use the link below.